Become an ESD Member
ESD membership is open to engineers, scientists, architects and
those in related or allied professions. There are three levels of
individual membership: Professional, Student and Retired.
Three Ways to Become an ESD Individual Member:
- OPTION 1: Purchase your membership online using our secure website. You will be prompted first to register to use our website if you are a first-time user. Choose from these membership categories:
- PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP - $99
Professionals in the engineering, scientific and allied professions.
- STUDENT MEMBERSHIP - $26
Full-time students enrolled for 12+ credit hours in a technical degree program at an accredited college or university. Part-time students with 6+ hours who are interning or involved in a co-op program. Students with co-op enrollment proof may waive 12-hour credit eligibility. Proof of enrollment required.
- RETIRED MEMBERSHIP - $36
Fully retired engineers and related professionals.
- CORPORATE - For organizations only. Please follow the link for more information.
- OPTION 2: Download a PDF application.
You may either mail this form (with a check or credit card information)
or fax it (with credit card information).
- OPTION 3: Call us at 248-353-0735, ext. 120, and have
us take your membership information over the telephone.
Why become an ESD member?
- Further your career through educational
development programs beyond a single discipline to enhance
your personal and professional skills.
- Stay connected to over 70 engineering,
scientific and technical societies in Southeast Michigan
through the ESD Affiliate Council, serving as the profession’s
central communication point.
- Network with industry leaders, technical experts
and peers through ESD’s regular networking
events where members meet peers, make business contacts
and learn about current industry happenings and projects.
- Give back to the profession by supporting
community and elementary through high school programs
that showcase the importance of engineers, scientists
and technical professionals to our society.
- Volunteer and work with kids in your local
communities to promote math and science and
foster the growth of tomorrow’s engineers and
scientists. Make a difference in a young person’s
life by getting involved with ESD’s community
- Save money on personal member benefit
programs in auto, home, life insurance, entertainment
discounts, member credit card program, and more.