248-353-0735, ext. 222
to register quickly by phone
ESD Annual Dinner
Featuring the 41st Annual ESD Construction & Design Awards
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
Detroit Institute of Arts
5200 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48202
SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION (PDF)
We invite you to join us at our most anticipated event of the year, ESD’s Annual Dinner, on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at the Detroit Institute of Arts, a cultural gem for well over a century. This one-of-a-kind event brings out the best, brightest, and most diverse group of engineering, design, and construction professionals in Southeast Michigan.
The evening will begin at 5:30 p.m. with a reception in Kresge Court, a stunning courtyard with walls displaying an array of architectural styles. Guests will move into the Great Hall for dinner and the awards ceremony starting at 6:45 p.m. and will also have the opportunity to stroll through Rivera Court after dinner to view Diego Rivera’s iconic “Detroit Industry” murals.
5:30 p.m. Reception/Networking
6:45 p.m. Dinner followed by the Presentation of Awards
Individual: $150 Member/$175 Non-Member
Table of 10: $1,350
Register online by using the link to the left, or call 248-353-0735 to register by phone.
For sponsorship information, contact Elana Shelef at 248-353-0735, ext. 119, or email@example.com.
Horace H. Rackham Humanitarian Award
- Roy H. Link, FESD, Chairman & CEO, Link Engineering Co.
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Richard J. Haller, FESD, President & Chief Operating Officer, Walbridge
ESD College of Fellows Inductees
- Vincent G. Dow, PE, Vice President & Chief Engineer, DTE Energy
- Andrew L. Gerhart, PhD, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Lawrence Technological University
- Nabil F. Grace, PhD, PE, Dean, Lawrence Technological University
- Monique A. Lake, Instructor, Consortium College Preparatory
- Janice K. Means, PE, LEEP AP, Associate Professor, Lawrence Technological University
- Pranab Saha, PhD, PE, INCE Bd Cert, Secretary/Treasurer; Principal Consultant, Kolano and Saha Engineers, Inc.
- Terry J. Woychowski, Senior Vice President, Advanced Engineering and Quality, American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc.
Distinguished Service Awards
- Kathleen Nauer, President, Financial One Accounting, Inc.
- Michael Ryan, Senior Vice President, Ghafari Associates, LLC
- Terry J. Woychowski, Senior Vice President, Advanced Engineering and Quality, American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings
Outstanding Leadership Awards
- Thomas M. Doran, PE, FESD, Retired/Principal/Vice President, Hubbell, Roth & Clark, Inc.
- John Fillion, Retired, Chrysler, LLC
- Douglas M. Gatrell, PE, Associate, Conestoga-Rovers & Associates
- Sue Littles, FESD, Lead Architectural Designer and CAD Administrator, DTE Energy
- Leslie Smith, CMP, Senior Director of Programs and Budgets, ESD
- Thomas R. Wroblewski, Product Design Engineer, Ford Motor Company
Outstanding Young Engineer of the Year Award
- Andrew J. Hermiz, PE, LEED AP BD+C, Structural Engineer, Harley Ellis Devereaux
Outstanding Student Engineer of the Year Awards
- LaMyra Stevenson, University of Michigan – Dearborn
- David Zoltowski, Michigan State University
Outstanding High School Student of the Year Awards
- Catherine Bartz, Oxford High School, Oxford
- Matthew J. McAllister, Jr., Career Preparation Center and Cousino High School, Warren
ESD Construction & Design Award Winners
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital South Tower Project:
Owner: Trinity Health Systems/St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital
Designer: HKS Architects
Contractor: Barton Malow Company
- Oakland University Engineering Center:
Owner: Oakland University
- Wayne State University – Advanced Technology Education Center:
Owner: Wayne State University
Designer: NORR, LLC
Contractor: The Christman Company
- I-96 Reconstruction Project:
Owner: Michigan Department of Transportation
Designer: Michigan Department of Transportation/G2 Consulting Group
Contractor: Dan’s Excavating Inc.
ESD Construction & Design Award Honorable Mentions
- FCA Sterling Heights Assembly Plant 2015 UF Program Body Shop
Owner: FCA US LLC
Designer: NSA Architects, Engineers, Planners
- John D. Dingell Transit Center
Owner: City of Dearborn
Designer: Neumann/Smith Architecture + SmithGroupJJR
Contractor: Tooles/Clark Joint Venture