ESD Young Engineers Council
To serve engineering, scientific and allied professionals during the early stages of personal and professional development.
• Instill in the young professional a sense of pride in themselves, their profession, ESD and the community.
• Provide each young member an opportunity to participate in ESD.
• Provide awareness of the available services and sponsored programs.
• Provide opportunities for networking with members to promote
personal and professional development.
• Make the YEC more visible, increasing its presence in ESD and
awareness among young engineers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Promote YEC and ESD activities and sponsored programs.
• Give input into the development of services and programs to support young members’ needs.
• Provide feedback to the program committee chair(s).
• Give input to the Board and Staff to assist in the preparation of future strategic direction.
• Support young member recruitment.
• Annual YEC Job Fair
• Technical tours
• Seminars/Guest Speakers
• Community Involvement
• Special Events