Sustainable Remediation Forum (SURF)
rep: Keith Aragona, PE,
Senior Project Manager
HALEY & ALDRICH
455 E Eisenhower Pkwy.
Ann Arbor, MI
tel: (248) 974-5288
The Sustainable Remediation Forum (SURF) promotes the use of sustainable practices during the investigation, construction, redevelopment, and monitoring of remediation sites, with the objective of balancing economic viability, conservation of natural resources and biodiversity, and the enhancement of the quality of life in surrounding communities. SURF is engaged in several ongoing technical initiatives, including:
• Exploring the viability of a sustainable remediation site rating and professional certification system
• Working towards the integration of sustainable remediation and sustainable redevelopment
• Encouraging groundwater conservation and reuse
• Publication of a White Paper on international perspectives towards sustainable remediation
• Supporting sustainable remediation research
Participation in SURF initiatives demonstrates environmental stewardship, a commitment to a leadership role in sustainable remediation practices, and alignment of business and sustainability objectives.