Become an ESD Affiliate Society
An Affiliate Society shall be a society which has been organized
and continuously active for a period of one year, or a local section
of a national society which has been organized and continuously
active for one year. An Affiliate Society member will receive the
general benefits of Affiliate Society membership. Contact Elana Shelef at
248-353-0735, ext. 119, for additional information.
Affiliate Society Member Benefits
- One designated society representative will receive ESD’s
magazine and newsletter publication
- Articles may be submitted for publishing in the ESD Newsletter,
Technology Calendar’s section of Affiliate Society Information
- One designated individual will be given access to the calendar
section of the ESD web site to add their event information
- Allows members to participate in the ESD Group Homeowners and
Auto Insurance programs
- Member Societies will be eligible to present awards at the Gold
- The society will also be entitled to be represented on the Affiliate
Council Committees of ESD provided the representative(s) are ESD
members in good standing
- Support educational and community outreach efforts in the Greater
Detroit Community to encourage the development of math and science
- Representative of Member Societies meeting monthly to discuss joint programming opportunities.
- Member Societies can take advantage of person and professional benefit discounts negotiated by ESD.
- Increase the scope of your Society reach and services by being part of a larger Affiliate Council.
- Publicize your association events on the ESD website under “Calendar of Events.”