February 24, 2017
Technology Century Image Award
Submissions Due: February 24, 2017
TechCentury is an award-winning publication of the Engineering Society of Detroit that has been serving the needs of engineers and technical professionals since 1939. Published four times a year and online, the magazine covers a multitude of technical topics: the Blue Economy, Nanotechnology, Cyber Security, Sports Engineering, Smart Systems, etc. TechCentury's Image Award is bestowed on a person who has advanced awareness of engineering and the technical professions in noteworthy and innovative ways.
The Editorial Board process for reviewing/awarding the TechCentury Image Awards is as follows:
- Call for nominations in January
- Nominations are due by 5 p.m. (EST) on the last business day in February
- The Editorial Board will take the following actions on nominations/award in March:
(Note: participation of all board members is required)
- Nominations will be presented by ESD members who ensure that the required information is provided
- The board will rank nominations: 1st (5 points), 2nd (3 points), 3rd (1 point)
- The highest total receives the award. For ties, person with the most 1st place votes receives award.
Tech Century Image Award
This award is intended to recognize individuals who have promoted, publicized, and enhanced the engineering and technical professions to the public-at-large through public engagement, mentoring, public speaking, authoring articles, and other publicly visible activities.
- Nominator provides the required supporting information to the ESD Editorial Board, including:
- The Nominee's CV
- A 200-word, or less, description of why the Nominee fulfills the award criteria
- The names of two (2) individuals, in addition to the Nominator, who can attest to the Nominee's qualifications for this award
- An example of the Nominee's work: article composed, news article, event record, speech given, testimonial, etc.
- Entries must be received by no later than 5 p.m. (EST) on the last business day in February.
- Nominees do not have to be ESD members. Nominators must be ESD members.
- The award winner must be present at the ESD Awards Banquet, or if they cannot attend, someone must attend on their behalf.
Nominator must submit entries to:
TechCentury Image Award
The Engineering Society of Detroit
Susan Thwing, Editor, TechCentury magazine
20700 Civic Center Drive, Suite 450
Southfield, MI 48076
Fax: 248-353-0736 or e-mail: email@example.com